If you’re looking to grow your business, it can be tempting to focus on the “hard” parts of growth: getting more clients, recruiting new employees, and improving your marketing strategy. But while those are all important pieces of growing a business, they’re not the only ones—in fact, some of them may not even be that effective without a strong personal foundation. So instead of focusing solely on “how” to grow a business (e.g., how many leads do I need per month?), ask yourself “why” you want to grow in the first place (e.g., why do I want more leads per month?). Then consider what specific things you can do every day that will help build up this foundation so you can eventually reach your long-term goal of steady growth for years to come! Here are five ways we’ve seen our clients’ businesses skyrocket over time:
Work your network
The second way to skyrocket your business is to work your network. Here’s how:
- Network with the right people. You want to make connections with people who can either help you grow, or will be able to benefit from what you’re selling. Follow up with all of the contacts from networking events and don’t be afraid to go out of your way for them (for example, by offering the first month free if someone signs up for a service). If someone doesn’t want what you’re offering but is still interested in learning more about it, ask them if they know anyone else who might benefit from it—and then connect those two people together! This technique will lead directly back into our next point:
- Connecting with potential customers isn’t just about making sales; think instead of building relationships that are mutually beneficial over time.
Follow up after networking events
There are plenty of ways that you can follow up with people you meet at networking events. Here are five suggestions:
- Ask for introductions to other people who could help your business.
- Ask for advice on something related to your industry or job function.
- Ask for referrals, especially if there’s a specific type of customer that you want in the future (a certain kind of client base, etc.).
- Ask for a job—if someone seems promising as an employee, reach out and find out if they have any openings at their company!
Build a blog
Start a blog. Blogging is one of the most effective ways to build your brand and connect with customers on an emotional level. By creating a blog that addresses their specific needs, you can create content that resonates with them, thus leading to more sales and conversions. The key here is not just to write about what you know but also about what your customers want to read! You need to make sure that your blogs are relevant and useful for people in order for them to become interested in reading it. It’s important not only to write good quality content but also keep it consistent so as not lose your audience’s attention span over time
Build relationships with your vendors
You should treat your vendors as valued partners. They can help you grow your business in a number of ways, including:
- Solving problems. Vendors are experts in their fields and may be able to offer solutions that you haven’t thought of. If they encounter an issue with your product or service, they’ll let you know how to fix it so that other customers won’t run into the same problem. This can save both parties time and money by eliminating rework or customer complaints down the road.
- Finding new customers. Your vendor will naturally reach out to their own contacts and ask if they would be interested in using your product or service—and maybe even recommend it as well! This is another way for vendors to help grow your business without needing anything from you but mutual benefit (e.g., referrals).
If you want to grow your business, you need to grow yourself first.
If you want to grow your business, you need to grow yourself first. In this article, we’ll take a look at five ways that being a good leader will help your company grow by:
- Being a good communicator
- Being a good problem solver
- Being a good listener
- Being a mentor for others
The best way to grow your business is to focus on yourself, your network and your work. By doing this, you’re able to find new clients, build long-lasting partnerships and make more money!